This delicious and flavorful pasta recipe is one of the best weeknight recipes you need to know. It is well-suited for large quantities so you can make ahead of time or use it for meal prep. I love to freeze it for later in the month.
Chicken Farfalle is easy to make and comes together in minutes. It is a combination of crispy bacon, juicy chicken, and grilled vegetables tossed with a short bow tie pasta in a flavorful homemade alfredo sauce.
- Ingredients You Will Need
- Step-by-Step Instructions
- Optional Modification/Substitutes
- Best Storage Practices
- What to Serve with Chicken Farfalle Cheesecake Factory Recipe
- How to Boil Pasta – Easy & Quickly
- Chicken Farfalle Cheesecake Factory
Ingredients You Will Need
There aren’t many ingredients involved in making this delicious chicken farfalle pasta recipe. You probably already have some in your kitchen. Here is everything you will need to make this amazing chicken farfalle cheesecake factory recipe.
- Chicken – cut into small pieces.
- Bacon – is also cut into small pieces.
- Mushrooms – baby Bella or button mushrooms work best.
- Sundried tomatoes
- White Wine – it is best if it is on the dry side. Good options are Sauvignon Blanc or Muscadet.
- Parmesan Cheese – I highly recommend using Parmigiano Reggiano. It is much more flavorful than the boxed grated cheese.
- Farfalle – aka bow tie pasta.
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
This creamy farfalle recipe is easy and quick to make. It will come together in minutes in only one pan so you won’t need much equipment. I recommend using a cast iron skillet for this recipe since it will retain the most flavor.
STEP 1: Cook The Pasta And The Meats.
Prepare the pasta following the package instructions. When the pasta is done cooking save one cup of the pasta water. The starchy water will come in handy when making the sauce. Drain the rest of the water.
In a large cast iron skillet, drizzle olive oil and add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and cook on both sides until golden brown and cooked through.
Remove the chicken from the heat and transfer it to a plate. Add the bacon to the same pan. Cook until slightly crispy. Transfer it to the plate with the chicken.
STEP 2: Cook The Vegetables And Make The Sauce.
Once the bacon is done, add the mushrooms and onions in the same grease. Cook until the mushrooms are soft and the onions are transparent. Remove from the heat and transfer to the plate with the meats.
Wipe the pan with a paper towel and add the butter. Pour in the white wine and stir to combine. Add the roasted garlic and the heavy whipping cream. Stir to combine again and let it bubble but not boil. Add the parmesan cheese and stir well until it is melted.
Add the chicken, bacon, vegetables, sun-dried tomatoes, and pasta to the pan with the sauce. Toss to combine and sprinkle more parmesan cheese all over. Serve with more parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
Unfortunately, this meal can’t be modified into vegan or dairy free but you can make it gluten-free if you use gluten-free pasta. It is sold in every grocery store or can be homemade if you have the time and desire to make your own.
This pasta goes with absolutely everything. A side salad will be a nice refreshing touch on the dinner table. I like to make more of the sauce ahead of time so I can put a side of it on the table in case someone wants their pasta extra creamy.
If you don’t want to make the sauce from scratch, there are great alfredo sauce options in the grocery stores. You can also opt out of the alfredo and swap it for tomato sauce or simply olive oil and lemon juice sauce.
Best Storage Practices
Feel free to make a big batch of delicious farfalle chicken pasta. It stores well and you can use it later in the week for dinner or lunch, or add it to your meal prep. Keep it in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to a week and in the freezer for up to three months.
To Reheat Rrom Frozen
First, thaw the pasta. Sprinkle with a little water and microwave for three minutes. Stir and let it cool off before enjoying. The flavor of the sauce tends to get lost in that process so adjust the flavor with salt and pepper and maybe more parmesan cheese.
What to Serve with Chicken Farfalle Cheesecake Factory Recipe
This recipe is so versatile and it goes with everything. I like to serve it with fresh greens salad on the side and crisp cold white wine. A freshly baked bread or garlic toast is a great addition to this meal.
How to Boil Pasta – Easy & Quickly
If there are no instructions on the box or you are cooking pasta from scratch, use this very easy and quick method. Bring a large pot of water to boil. The smaller the pasta the more water you will need.
Make sure to salt the water once it starts to boil. Adding it before that won’t speed up the boiling process. Add the pasta and stir every one to two minutes so it doesn’t stick. Cook until the pasta is tender. I like to taste it before deciding.
When draining always save a cup of the pasta water. Sometimes you might need it to keep the pasta from sticking or to thin out the sauce. The starchy water is perfect for that.
When the pasta is drained, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat it. Cover and let it sit in the pot until you are ready to use it.
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 Bacon Pieces, cut into cubes
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste (or roasted garlic clove)
- 3/4 Cup White Wine
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese. grates
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Pack Farfalle (bow tie) Pasta
- Cook the pasta according to the package.
- In a large pan over medium heat cook the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan when it is no longer pink in the middle. About 7-10 minutes.
- Add the bacon to the same pan and cook until slightly crispy and golden brown. Transfer it to the place with the chicken.
- In the same pan cook the mushrooms and onions in olive oil. Stir to combine by scrapping the burned bacon pieces. Transfer to the plate with the meat when done.
- Wipe the pan with a paper towel (without washing it) and add the butter. Pour white wine, and roasted garlic, and stir to combine. Bring to boil and add the heavy cream.
- Let the mixture bubble up a bit but not boil. Cook for about a minute or two longer and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Add the chicken and bacon. Stir to combine everything and transfer to a plate. Garnish with more parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 538Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 1234mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 32g
We are a team of passionate moms and homemakers. Among us are certified nutritionists, chefs, certified food handlers, accountants, financial gurus, and other professionals. Our joint goal is to educate homemakers. Check out the about us page for more information about our team’s credentials.