I am a huge fan of muffins, and this recipe is one of my favorites! Nothing is as good as a warm, sweet muffin on a cold winter day.
These muffins smell so good too, every time I cook them my whole house fills with the wonderful smell of cinnamon and brown sugar. I wish I could find a candle that smells as good as these muffins, I would buy them all!
With every bite of these muffins you get something different, one bite is a sweet cranberry, another bite is a warm chocolate chip. You just have to be careful not to eat them all yourself!
How are they made?
The muffins are very easy and only take about 15 mins from the mixer to the oven. To begin you will need to gather your ingredients, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, milk, dried cranberries (You can also use raisins, or both!), brown sugar, chocolate chips, and cinnamon and mix well.
After you have everything mixed you are ready to grease a muffin/cupcake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 mins.
The best way to check that these muffins are done in the middle is to stick a toothpick down one muffin all the way to the bottom, the only thing you should see on the toothpick when you pull it back up is some chocolate from the chocolate chips.
Once your muffins are done all that is left to do is to sprinkle with some powdered sugar and serve!
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (and/or raisins)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Powdered sugar to sprinkle (Optional)
- In a mixing bowl add 1 cup of sugar, ½ cup unsalted butter, 2 large eggs, 2 tsp of vanilla, 1 ½ cups of flour, 1 ¾ tsp baking powder, ½ cup of milk, ¼ cup dried cranberries, ¼ cup of chocolate chips, 1 tbsp of cinnamon, ¼ cup of brown sugar. Mix well until all ingredients are fully blended
- Grease a muffin tin and add mixture to about half way in each section
- Bake muffins at 350 degrees for 25 mins
- Optional, sprinkle the tops of each muffin with powdered sugar
My name is Keren Tayler. I am a stay-at-home mama to three lovely girls, Sarah + Rachel + Hannah. Prior to becoming a mom, I had a successful career in the accounting field, steps away from becoming a CPA. I decided to give up on my career in order to raise my own kids (as opposed to letting a nanny do it, no judgment here :)) I learned a lot and I love sharing it with other moms. Along the way, I also became a Certified Food Handler.