This recipe for Hello Fresh Parmesan Crusted Chicken is easy, filling, and sometimes you just need a hassle-free dinner that is easy to get on the table. This recipe is one of the best crusted chicken recipes out there, and it comes together in less than an hour. The best part is that it is all cooked and served on one baking sheet. No mess and no dishes!
This delicious recipe is made with chicken breast breaded right on the pan with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. It’s served with whole roasted tomatoes and creamy pasta on the side. It is very versatile, so you will be able to swap out ingredients and adjust to your liking or dietary restrictions if needed.
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- How To Make It (Step-by-Step)
- Optional Substitutions
- Other Variations
- Best Storage Practices
- What to Serve with Hello Fresh Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- How to Make Fry Seasoning
- Hello Fresh Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Ingredients You’ll Need
This Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe might sound like a lot of ingredients are involved, but you probably already have most of them in your kitchen. Here are the ingredients you will need to make this delicious Parmesan Crusted Chicken:
- Fry Seasoning – see recipe for directions on how to make this at home if you can’t find it in the store.
- Sour Cream
- Dijon Mustard – regular mustard will work too, just use a little less of it.
- Parmesan Cheese – I usually would recommend using Parmigiano Reggiano but for this particular recipe, I would opt for pre-grated Parmesan cheese because it is dry and will produce better crispiness.
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Dry Spaghetti – or any pasta you like.
- Chicken Breast – feel free to cut it in half to make two thin breasts.
- Cream Cheese
- Lemon Zest
- Tomatoes – Roma tomatoes work best for roasting, but any type will work.
- Lemon Juice
How To Make It (Step-by-Step)
The full recipe for this Hello Fresh Parmesan Crusted Chicken is below. Follow the instructions and enjoy this delicious and quick weeknight dinner.
STEP 1: Cook The Chicken And Tomatoes.
Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. This will help with cleanup later. Pat the chicken dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Mix the Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs together in a small mixing bowl. In a second mixing bowl, combine the sour cream and mustard. Whisk to combine.
Place the chicken on the baking sheet and brush with the mustard mixture. Sprinkle with the Parmesan mix and gently pat so the crust sticks to the mustard.
STEP 2: Cook The Pasta And Tomatoes.
Quarter the tomatoes and toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place in the empty spaces of the baking sheet (between the chicken breasts), and bake at the same time as the chicken. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and there is no pink in the middle. The tomatoes should be soft and slightly charred.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions in boiling, salted water. When the pasta is done, reserve ½ cup of the pasta water for when you’re making the sauce. Drain the rest and toss the pasta in a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
STEP 3: Make The Creamy Sauce.
In a large pan, melt the butter and cream cheese. Once melted, add the garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the pasta water. Bring to a boil and add the pasta and roasted tomatoes. Toss to combine and serve with the crusted chicken on the side.
You can make this recipe gluten-free by making sure the pasta and bread crumbs are made from gluten-free ingredients. There are several companies that make gluten-free pasta and breadcrumbs, and it’s easy to find in grocery stores. Unfortunately, this meal can’t easily be altered to fit a plant-based or dairy-free diet.
The creamy butter and cream cheese sauce can be swapped for a tomato basil sauce, or simply olive oil and lemon juice sauce. Both will still be delicious with the crusted chicken.
Even though the creamy pasta and roasted tomatoes are part of Hello Fresh’s signature Parmesan Crusted Chicken, the star of the show is the crispy chicken. Feel free to swap the pasta for a green salad or add the chicken to a sandwich.
If you are not a fan of the cream cheese sauce, you can make it with simple tomato basil sauce or simply olive oil and lemon drizzle.
Best Storage Practices
You can absolutely make this dish ahead of time. I like adding this recipe to my meal prep for the week and then freezing it to enjoy as leftovers.
Store everything in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge and for up to three months in the freezer. When ready to eat, thaw from frozen and microwave for several minutes. Let it cool a little before serving.
What to Serve with Hello Fresh Parmesan Crusted Chicken
This recipe is so versatile and goes with everything. I love pairing it with a green salad with a light dressing. The crusted chicken has a strong flavor and texture so I would prefer pairing it with a lighter side.
You can also try a toasted cheese toast to match the flavor profile or a warm soup on the side. This dish pairs perfectly with a glass of cold white wine or a comforting cup of tea. Use the leftovers to make a fried chicken salad or add the chicken to a sandwich.
How to Make Fry Seasoning
Fry Seasoning is typically used on french fries. There are grocery stores that sell ready-made fry seasoning, but if you can’t find it, I recommend this recipe:
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl; whisk to combine. Store in a jar or airtight container in the spice cabinet or fridge.
We thought you might like our 10 Hello Fresh Cream Sauce Base Substitutes.
- 1 tbsp Fry Seasoning (see notes for recipe)
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and half of the fry seasoning. Stir to combine and set aside. In a second mixing bowl, combine the sour cream and mustard.
- Drizzle the baking sheet with olive oil and place the chicken breasts on top. Spread the mustard and sour cream mix all over the chicken breasts. Then cover with the Parmesan mix, pressing down to make it stick to the chicken.
- Toss the tomatoes in olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, and place on the baking sheet between the chicken breasts.
- Roast in the oven until the chicken is cooked through and a crust is formed around it. The tomatoes should be soft and slightly charred.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions in salted water. When done, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain the rest.
- In a deep pan, add half the butter and garlic. Cook until aromatic - about a minute or two. Add the cream cheese and remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Add half of the pasta water and stir until creamy.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss to combine and fully coat the pasta.
- Transfer to a serving plate next to the chicken and top with the tomatoes. Serve with more parmesan cheese on top.
2 tsp Onion Powder
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Dried Parsley
1 tsp Dried Oreganp
1 Tsp Dried Basil
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
Mix all spices and herbs in a mixing bowl to conbine. Store in a jar or air tight container in the spice cabinet.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 525Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 1459mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 50g
We are a team of passionate moms and homemakers. Among us are certified nutritionists, chefs, certified food handlers, accountants, financial gurus, and other professionals. Our joint goal is to educate homemakers. Check out the about us page for more information about our team’s credentials.